Trump Calls Off North Korea Summit

North Korean missile test (file photo)

News emerged on Thursday that U.S. President Donald Trump had pulled out of a planned summit with North Korean leader Kim Jong-un.

In a letter addressed to Kim, Trump wrote that it would not be appropriate to meet in Singapore next month.

There had been reports on Wednesday that the U.S. leadership was wavering over the summit’s June 12 date. Thursday’s conclusive end to the summit proposal came on a day when the secretive communist regime reportedly destroyed tunnels and other infrastructure at its Punggye-ri nuclear test site.

International journalists observed the apparent demolition.

Previously the Greek government condemned Pyongyang’s nuclear weapons testing. In November last year, the Greek Foreign Ministry said:

“We call on Pyongyang, which decided yet again to ignore the repeated warnings of the International Community and the relevant United Nations Resolutions, to desist from any new action that could jeopardize peace and security in the region, and to return immediately to the negotiating table on the future of its nuclear and missile programs.”

However, speaking exclusively to Greek Reporter last year, Greek journalist — and one-time North Korean resident — Fragkiska Megaloudi said she regarded North Korea’s nuclear program as a defensive endeavor in a game of cat-and-mouse with the West.

For the full interview, click below